Friday, January 10, 2014

New, New, New

A new addition to the family
A new addition to the house (well a revamped floor)
A new direction for 2014

2013 was a busy busy year.  The business was extremely busy, and I was also studying and working 
part-time.
This year I will be taking a step back from the business and whilst still keeping my lovely stockists stocked up with goodies I won't be actively seeking any new ones.
I will be focusing on creating some lovely pieces for Salamanca Market and The Market that will be limited edition pieces or one-offs.  
I will also be putting some of these onto my online store.  
(So keep popping in so you don't miss out)
I have so many ideas and last year was so busy that I missed the opportunity to get into the studio and play.
I will also be continuing my part time job at a new school this year and am uber excited at have been given new opportunities.
I will also be (hopefully) getting some long needed things completed around the house and garden.
So all in all I am looking at a more balanced and joyful year.

The new addition to the family is
'Pepper'
 She is our new kitten that we brought home before Christmas.
She has settled in really well and I do think she is secretly a furry ninja in disguise!!
She has the most amazing mix of speed, craziness and loving that really suits our family.

You may also notice the flooring
Yes I finally ripped out the old ugly lino in the front entrance
and stenciled the floor.  It has turned out fantastically well and lightens up the whole front entrance.
Look at the before and after photos below.

Yes... It was a real dumping ground and a mess before!!!

our front entrance was a mess & a dumping ground for bits & bobs

Old Lino flooring

Tidied up front entrance, freshly painted

Stenciled floor with Pepper posing



No comments:

Post a Comment