Thursday, July 18, 2013

One Day

Our current house is a 1970's flat roofed boring red brick house
that another storey was added onto about 20 years ago
In the meantime we I have painted the brick cream to match the 2nd storey.
I would REALLY LOVE either
and old house
OR
a brand spanking new house (to my design)
but....
in the meantime I am dreaming of what I can do to our existing house to make it a more pleasurable place to live.
 
To start with I would change some of the side windows to something like this...
 






 
They would look onto a wonderful garden area
and be wide enough for a small mattress and pillow so I can snooze in the sun
and maybe they would incorporate some storage for books and things
 
 
PS - Sorry about the lack of credits for images
I have been saving these in a 'house' file on my laptop for ages.
 
What a great way to soak up the sun and also add an extra 'bed' for guests
Just pop a roller blind on the outerside window and some curtains on the inside of the window and they have a little 'den' to sleep in
Complete with books, small tv and a lamp it would not look out of place in the lounge
But takes up hardly any space as a 'spare bed'

No comments:

Post a Comment